The government of Saxony-Anhalt has changed its guidelines on covering one's face (nose and mouth) to prevent further spread of the corona virus. If you have no access to masks, it is allowed to craft your face coverings out of scarves, bandanas etc.
You are obliged to wear the coverings in public transportation and during any type of shopping starting 23 April 2020.
The digital summer semester begins on April 20: Teaching or examinations will be held exclusively online up to and including May 2.
The Harz University of Applied Sciences uses three basic platforms for digital teaching:
Stud.IP: Administration of courses, digital communication, provision of learning materials
Zoom: conducting online courses, collaborative work
ILIAS: learning management system of the university, provision of teaching and self-study materials, tests and exercises, digital exams
All further information can be found here.
1. Courses begin on 20.04.2020 – online.
2. Regular courses will continue in the week after Whitsun, probably online. There will be no project and excursion week in summer semester 2020.
3. Two weeks of the regular examination period will be used for lectures.
4. The subsequent shortened examination period (two weeks) will be extended by an additional week (a total of three weeks examination time).
Lecture period: 20.04. - 10.07. Examination period: 13.07. - 31.07.
Regulation of exams:
1. Examinations during the examination period can be reduced by up to 50% if the corresponding competences are examined during the semester, e.g. by online tests via ILIAS. Examiners should make use of this option wherever possible. The detailed regulations are to be arranged by the lecturers.
2. The registration for the examination will be postponed by two weeks, i.e. to the period 08.06.-21.06.2020.
3. A withdrawal from examinations is also possible retroactively and after participation in an examination and must be declared by 30.11.2020. Medical and official medical certificates are not required. In this case, any mark booked will be withdrawn. Irrespective of this, all examination performances with the mark "insufficient" will be deleted as of 30.11.2020.
4. Scheduled registrations from the summer semester 2020 will be postponed to the summer semester 2021 and all scheduled registrations from the winter semester 2020/21 to the winter semester 2021/22.
5. These regulations apply to the examinations of the summer semester 2020 until revoked (before 20.04.2020). Conflicting regulations of the Harz University of Applied Sciences are not applicable during this period.
§ Section 12, Paragraphs 2 and 3 and Section 13, Paragraph 3 of the Bachelor's examination regulations and the corresponding regulations of the Master's examination regulations will be suspended in the summer semester 2020. The President's Office would like to point out that the students are thus completely free to decide whether they wish to register for examinations in the summer semester 2020. "Scheduled registrations" or "deadline warnings" will no longer be issued in the summer semester 2020; the entitlement to take examinations remains in force.
Students who are travelling to the university from a risk area are requested to register by e-mail to: arbeitssicherheit(at)hs-harz.de.
If students return from risk areas and symptoms of illness occur, they must contact the health department of the respective district immediately and stay away from the campus.
All campus events, parties on campus (including the barbecue area), Orientation Days, university sports courses or the 1st semester party are forbidden/do not take place. Background is the common wish to counteract an increased spread of the corona virus in Saxony-Anhalt.
The use of group work areas and computer rooms is prohibited.
The sports hall, the canteens, the libraries, the gym, the outdoor fitness park, the barbecue area and the exhibition hall of the Villa are also closed.
The Ministry of Economics, Science and Digitalisation has decided, on the basis of section 57 para. 6 HSG LSA, that teaching and the performance of university examinations shall be suspended as of 13 March 2020 and that the start of courses for the summer semester shall be set nationwide at 20 April 2020.
Courses and certificates of academic achievement which by their nature do not impair health and safety, in particular those which do not require physical presence - this may include e-learning modules and other online services, written work (seminar papers, final papers, etc.) - are not affected by this order.
As far as possible, an attempt will be made to implement the summer semester 2020 as a classroom-based or online study programme or a combination of the two (as of 19.03.)
Yes, the semester is supposed to start on April 20. (As of March 19.)
Literature research and access to numerous e-books/e-journals also work online. Lending is still possible in the libraries.
Urgently needed books, e.g. for the preparation of theses or the like, are issued after prior contact with the library/Mrs. Peters by e-mail or phone 0049 3943-659 170 or with the library in Halberstadt/Mrs. Liebscher (email@example.com or 0049 3943-659-176).
The guard duty times are to be extended. The guard duty is to break up meetings of students on campus. Independently of this, everyone is called upon to work towards minimising social contacts (even in the dormitories!).
No, application deadline is 30.04. You can obtain the weighted grade point average digitally on request by e-mail from your clerk in the Department of Student Affairs.
In all cases in which the written form is prescribed by regulations of the university or is customary at the university, it is sufficient with immediate effect to send a scan or photograph of the handwritten signed document by e-mail to the responsible person/department of the university. The President's Office would like to point out that it is neither necessary nor desirable to submit the original document subsequently.