Going abroad during your studies

Studying abroad

Please check the information sheet below for information on studying abroad:


 - Information sheet for students studying "Technology and Innovation Management M.Eng."


Note: It is important to note that non-EU citizens should contact their responsible Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) regarding their residence permit before planning a stay abroad.

Application procedure for exchange studies at one of our partner universities

How to apply for a place in one of our exchange programmes (Erasmus/ Bilateral):

We are running two internal application rounds per academic year - one for the following winter semester and one for the following summer semester. Application deadlines for the internal selection process are one year ahead of the actual planned exchange stay (June 15th for summer semester of the next year, December 1st for winter semester of the next year). The link for our application portal (online form) opens about a month before the deadline ends.

Before you apply:

  • Please read the information sheet for iTIM students (see above) to check if and how you can apply.
  • Have a look at our partner universities (in German) and check the availability of partner universities for your study programme. You have the possibility to indicate three exchange universities of your choice in the online application.

Here is the Link to our application portal.

After Application:

  • In order to be able to be admitted to the exchange place ranking, the applicants receive in the first part of the ranking the admission or rejection for the exchange study from the course coordination
  • All admitted applicants are placed in the exchange place ranking - We do have only a limited number of exchange places available per partner university. Up to three choices per student are placed in the ranking and are compared with the available exchange places according to the cooperation agreement with the partner universities.
  • Upon successful participation in the selection procedure, you will receive information on the allocated exchange study place.
  • The application to the partner university follows. Detailed information on the application process can be obtained from the International Office of the HS Harz or directly from the partner university. It is not possible to apply to the partner university without taking part in the internal selection process and beeing nominated by the International Office of HS Harz.
  • Concerning Erasmus+: The funding of places at our Erasmus+ partner universities is automatic with the confirmation of the exchange place at our Erasmus+ partner universities. Therefore, it is not necessary to apply separately for Erasmus+ funding.