How to apply for a place in one of our exchange programmes (Erasmus/ Bilateral):
We are running two internal application rounds per academic year - one for the following winter semester and one for the following summer semester. Application deadlines for the internal selection process are one year ahead of the actual planned exchange stay (June 15th for summer semester of the next year, December 1st for winter semester of the next year). The link for our application portal (online form) opens about a month before the deadline ends.
Before you apply:
- Please contact the International Office to check if and how you can apply.
- The prerequisites for participation in the exchange programmes are enrolment at the Harz University during the study abroad period and an overall good academic standing.
- Have a look at our partner universities (in German) and check the availability of partner universities for your study programme. You have the possibility to indicate three exchange universities of your choice in the online application.
- You will need a current transcript of records/ alternatively, if your are a 1st semester student, your Bachelor-transcript of records.
- Proof of language proficiency is required to apply for an exchange program. The language certificate must be submitted for the respective language of instruction in which you wish to take part in the lectures at the partner university/universities. The minimum level is B2 (CEFR).
- Accepted certificates:
- in-house language certificate
- Abiturzeugnis (min. 8 years of English)
- TOEFL Paper (mind. 567)
- TOEFL CBT (mind. 227)
- TOEFL IBT (mind. 72)
- IELTS (mind. 5.5)
- Cambridge Exam/ESOL (First Certificate in English)
- NOTE iTIM (M.Eng.) students: You are exempt from uploading a confirmation of English language skills if you are currently enrolled in the 100% English-taught Master's programme "Technology and Innovation Management M.Eng."
Here is the Link to our application portal.
- In order to be able to be admitted to the exchange place ranking, the applicants receive in the first part of the ranking the admission or rejection for the exchange study from the course coordination (basis of the decision: study progress and success).
- All admitted applicants are placed in the exchange place ranking - We do have only a limited number of exchange places available per partner university. Up to three choices per student are placed in the ranking and are compared with the available exchange places according to the cooperation agreement with the partner universities.
- Upon successful participation in the selection procedure, you will receive information on the allocated exchange study place.
- The application to the partner university follows. Detailed information on the application process can be obtained from the International Office of the HS Harz or directly from the partner university. It is not possible to apply to the partner university without taking part in the internal selection process and beeing nominated by the International Office of HS Harz.
- Concerning Erasmus+: The funding of places at our Erasmus+ partner universities is automatic with the confirmation of the exchange place at our Erasmus+ partner universities. Therefore, it is not necessary to apply separately for Erasmus+ funding.