The student ID card at Harz University of Applied Sciences

Harz University of Applied Sciences uses the multifunctional chip card system “Intercard”. In the following you will find information on how to use it.

Attention: To use your student ID card you have to activate it first at one of the chip card service stations so that the period of validity and the “semester ticket” are visible on the card.


1. Issuing/Delivery

The chip card identifies you as a student of Harz University and therefore enrolment is a prerequisite. The Admission and Registrar´s Office will send the chip card to you by post after the enrolment.

2. The chip card can be used …

  • … as a semester ticket.
  • … as a way of payment in the dining hall/cafeteria.
  • … as a library card.
  • … for access control  (e.g. IT Service Centre, language laboratory).
  • … to print and copy in the university buildings.
  • … to operate washing machines in the halls of residence.

3. At the chip card service station you can …

  • … activate your student ID card.
  • … extend the validity of your chip card.

4. Locations of the chip card service stations:

  • Campus Wernigerode: in house 4, room 4.217 and in house 9 on the first floor.
  • Campus Halberstadt: in house N, foyer.

5. After the termination of the affiliation to the university

After exmatriculation, the chip card may no longer be used as a student ID card of the university - regardless of the printed validity period.

The chip card must therefore be returned unsolicited to the Admission and Registrar´s Office for destruction or deletion of the data.

6. Loss

The chip card may not be passed on to third parties. The loss of the card must be reported immediately to the Admission and Registrar's Office. A cost contribution of 10.30 € is charged for the replacement (pursuant to “Allg. Gebührenverordnung des LSA” in its current version).

7. Liability for damages

The student is liable for damages to Harz University of Applied Sciences caused through improper use of the chip card by the holder or third parties. Careful handling of the card is therefore strongly recommended.

The university is not liable for any damage incurred by the cardholder in the event of loss of the card, including any cash balance.

Chip card service station

Annett Krampitz

Malfunction, Loss

Admission and Registrar´s Office
Tel +49 3943 659 129
Room 4.056, Haus 4, Wernigerode
Visiting Times Mo.-Fr. 9.30 -11.30 Uhr und Mo.-Mi. 13.30 -14.30 Uhr