Two days prior to the Orientation Days we are offering a pick-up service from the railway and bus station in Wernigerode, between 8 am and 8 pm. You will be accompanied to your dorms. At your dorm you will receive the door keys. Outside these pick-up days we cannot offer these services.
- If you are travelling by plane/ train, we will pick you up at the train station Wernigerode and accompany you to your room. For information about train services to Wernigerode, please consult the multi-lingual website of the 'Deutsche Bahn' (www.bahn.de). Your destination is "Wernigerode".
- If you are travelling by bus, we will pick you up at the central bus station Wernigerode and accompany you to your room. For information about busses you can check the following website www.flixbus.com
- If you are travelling by car, please drive directly to your address in Wernigerode. You will be awaited there at the agreed time and accompanied to your room.
When you are travelling to Germany, you should make sure that you have the following items in your luggage:
- passport or ID (check validity!)
- visa, if applicable
- cash for the first days
- telephone numbers of the contact persons (SIM card for Germany)
- food (all shops are closed at 8 pm and on sundays/public holidays)
Our team of the International Office organises the so called Orientation Days at Harz University of Applied Sciences in Wernigerode before the courses start. During these days we will
- show you around the campus and library
- introduce you to the computer services
- tell you more about our sport course offers
- hand out the timetables for the semester
- help you with important formalities
- open a German bank account with you
- register you with the local authorities.
Of course you will also have a lot of fun when you
- get to know the group
- learn your first words of German
- hike mountain Brocken
- visit the castle of Wernigerode
- and many more things...